The Office of Cultural Affairs for the Town of Hilton Head Island and the Arts Council of Hilton Head announces the Fifth Annual Crescendo Celebration of Arts & Culture from Sunday, October 10th – Saturday, November 13th, 2021.
This regional event, organized in honor of October’s National Arts and Humanities month, highlights and showcases the vast array of arts, culture and history organizations, individual artists, performers, and authors residing and working on Hilton Head Island.
2019’s Crescendo celebration featured more than 100 unique arts and cultural programs, concerts, theatrical productions, museum and gallery exhibits, lectures, poetry readings, dance performances, historical tours, hands-on arts experiences, and educational offerings which are estimated to attract more than 10,000 people from all over the United States, Canada and parts of Europe.
Featured events for this year’s Crescendo include the following:
- Sunday, October 10th: La Isla Magazine’s Latin Music Festival at Shelter Cove Community Park
- Tuesday, October 12th: Annual Crescendo Community Celebration featuring all of the arts & culture organizations on the Island at Shelter Cove Community Park
- Thursday, October 21th: “Volumes of Light: the Lanterns of Chantelle Rytter” Art Exhibit at Coastal Discovery Museum Opening
- Friday, October 22nd: Hilton Head Symphony Orchestra presents Pops in the Park at Lowcountry Celebration Park
- Wednesday, October 27th: Jazz for All Ages Jazz Festival featuring Arturo Sandoval at Hilton Head Beach & Tennis
- Saturday, November 13th: Hilton Head Island Lantern Parade at South Forest Beach
Sign-up for the Culture HHI newsletter at CultureHHI.org for current information on all events.
Current events for this year’s Crescendo are listed below!
National Arts and Humanities Month, first launched 30 years ago by Americans for the Arts, includes these goals: Focus on the arts at local, state and national levels, Encouraging individuals and organizations to participate in the arts, Allowing Governments